Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflecting on 2011

The calendar page has turned and it is a new year! Many of my fellow GeneaBloggers have posted about how they did on their goals for 2011. I didn’t have a published list of goals for 2011. But I’d like to look back and share my assessment of what I did in 2011.

Research
  • Personal family history research, particularly on my Martindale, Snider, and Cary lines
  • Client research online and in the Los Angeles County court archives and county clerk’s office (including probate, deed and vital records research as well as an heir search)
  • Completed and submitted DAR application

Writing

Speaking
  • Corona Genealogical Society
  • San Fernando Valley Genealogical Society
  • Sun City Palm Desert Genealogical Society

Education
  • Numerous webinars on various genealogical topics
  • Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy – Professional Paths in Genealogy
  • National Genealogical Society Conference - Charleston, South Carolina
  • Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree
  • ProGen 12
  • US-REC Study Group
  • NGS Home Study Course

Giving Back
  • Newsletter editor for the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists
  • Member of the SCGS Jamboree Committee
  • Find-A-Grave contributor
  • Registration chair for the 2012 APG Professional Management Conference

There are so many other things that I wanted to do that didn’t get done! But today is a new year, and I’ll be setting and posting my 2012 goals in the next day or so!





© 2012 Denise Spurlock, Ancestral Trees Research

No comments:

Post a Comment