Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It’s a Google+ of Genealogists!

You know...like a flock of birds, school of fish, or stealth of ninjas. Google+ is only in the trial stage right now and genealogists are jumping on the bandwagon at an amazing pace! 

Having been a little slow to adapt to social networking, I wanted to get in on the ground floor of this most recent opportunity. Because Google+ is not open to everyone, I asked a friend to send me an invitation to join. I created my account this morning, poked around a little, created some circles, found some of my genealogy pals and added them to circles. I think I’m going to like it! 

Several genealogy bloggers have posted their thoughts about Google+ and genealogy. Here are a few links: 







DearMYRTLE has hosted a series of four FREE webinars about Google+ the last one is this evening. Google+ users and wannabe users discuss various features, what they like and don’t like, and offer tips and tricks. The post about the webinars includes a link for registration.

I hope you’ll consider joining the rest of the "Google+" of genealogists. If you need an invitation, send your email address to me at denise (dot) spurlock (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

© 2011 Denise Spurlock, Ancestral Trees Research

No comments:

Post a Comment